Why visiting the cold dark and far away from home, Lapland? Find out by reading the following 5 stunning reasons why Lapland could be your next holiday destination.
• Having the chance to visit the Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi one of the popular tourist attractions in Lapland. In Santa Claus Village you can take pictures with SANTA, cross the magical Arctic circle, get an Arctic Circle stamp on your passport, have lunch in one of the cosy restaurants, buy souvenirs and send postcards directly from Santa’s official post office.
• Visiting one of the numerous Reindeer farms which are led by the Saami people, an indigenous population living in the area. For them, these animals have provided transportation, warmth and nourishment in this challenging Arctic climate for centuries. There, you may get to help feed the reindeer and taste fresh reindeer meat.
• Watching the stunning northern lights, also called aurora borealis a well-known tourist attraction. Their appearance depends on natural factors such as solar winds and charged particles in the earth’s upper atmosphere. The optimal time for viewing these celestial fireworks is between October and March and Finnish Lapland is a great spot to see them in all their enchanting beauty.
• Sauna! Finland is the motherland of saunas so you can’t miss this experience. Almost each accommodation facility is fitted with this nice room, so you’ll have plenty of options. Finns love to take a sauna session and then jump into the snow or an almost frozen lake to cool off after it. Would you be that brave as well?
• And last but not the least, the husky safari! One of the best and most popular Lapland winter activities involves riding through beautiful landscapes. The dogs have a huge desire to run at the speed of light and that, together with the silent and peaceful views, will make for an unforgettable adventure.
Lapland is one of the popular holiday destinations.
Find the best tourist attractions and make your experience better.