1. Wrap up WARM CLOTHES, particularly when you go to see the Northern Lights. It gets extremely chilly.
2. Pack moisturizer! During our trip, everyone struggled with dry skin. Whether it was down to swimming in hot lagoons, wearing plenty of layers of simply being in the cold air – packing something for your skin is essential.
3. Everywhere takes cards. Taxis, hot dog stands, bars, cafes – everywhere. Don’t worry about having cash – they have you covered.
4. If you love taking photos of your trips but are worried about getting your phone wet in lagoons, try out this very cheap but handy waterproof cover from Amazon. It worked like a charm!
5. Perhaps this goes without saying, but horses can be smelly! If you go riding, the farm has plenty of spare gloves, hats, and warm boiler suits that we would recommend using to keep your stuff smelling sweet!
6. Brennivina is an Icelandic liquor and features in plenty of yummy cocktails. ROK has plenty of incredible cocktails featuring the yummy Icelandic special.
7. If you have time, visit the Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur hot dog stand for a pick me up snack. The famous hot dog stand serves lamb hot dogs with all of the trimmings. Why lamb? The island has 100 million sheep, meaning that they specialize in lamb dishes (as well as fish, of course). The hot dog stand was the first street food introduced to the city and is an absolute must-try.
8. If you want to splash out on a meal, visit the Grillmarket for dinner. The menu includes Icelandic dishes including puffin and would be perfect for an anniversary or birthday celebration!
Find the Best tourist attractions in Reykjavik, Iceland and make your experience better.